- 9 hours
- bookable all year
The Danube Valley between Krems and Melk—known as the Wachau—
is as scenic and romantic as Austria gets: famous white wines … castle
ruins … charming towns surrounded by steep vineyards … and last but
not least, the glorious Melk Abbey. On our day trip we cover the most
scenic 40 Kilometres of the Wachau Valley while visiting exclusive
wineries. Later we’ll end the day with a boat cruise on the Danube
and a brief stop at Melk Abbey for photos. On this spectacular day trip,
you’ll fall in love with Austria’s wines and the country’s stunning scenery.
Make this small-group tour the highlight of your travels!
100% Guarantee your tour will go ahead, no minimum numbers.
Vienna Explorer Office / Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Vienna (Google Map)
- The town of Dürnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Wine tastings in traditional and local family-owned taverns
- Melk Abbey
- Comfortable and luxurious Mercedes van
- Guided tour of Melk Abbey (Oct 8th 2018 - April 27th 2019)
- Transport in a 8-seater Mercedes van to and from the Wachau
- Full-day accompanied by expert driver/guide
- Wine tastings at wineries (minimum 2 tastings)
- Lunch and drinks at lunch
- Gratuities for your driver/guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off (we can organise for an extra fee of 30 €)
- Winter Schedule: From Oct 8th 2018 - April 27th 2019 the river cruise is not available - we visit Melk Abbey instead
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Dress comfortably
- Warm clothing in case of cold weather, especially from Oct - April
From April 27th we operate the summer schedule: River Cruise instead of Melk Abbey
Tours you might like as well
Terms and Conditions for Tours and Services: 20% administration fees of the full amount are non-refundable once the booking is confirmed. Cancellations up to 5 days before the service date will result in a 50% refund of total invoice amount. No show or cancellations less than 3 days before the service date will result in a full loss of the total invoice amount.
Terms and Conditions for Bike Rental and Rental Packages: Rentals of less than 4 days require full payment in advance. We require a 20% deposit to confirm rentals for more than 4 days. The 20% deposit for administration fees are non-refundable in case of cancellation. Cancellation up to 8 days before departure date results in 50% refund. No show or cancellation less than 8 days before departure date: no refund.