- 9 hours
- bookable all year
Our Hidden Wachau Tour by Mercedes Van is just perfect for wine lovers who would like to escape the huzzle and buzzle of the city for one day and experience the beauty of Austria’s countryside.
The Danube Valley between Krems and Melk—known as the Wachau—
is as scenic and romantic as Austria gets: famous white wines … castle
ruins … charming towns surrounded by steep vineyards … and last but
not least, the glorious Melk Abbey. On our day trip we cover the most
scenic 40 Kilometres of the Wachau Valley while visiting exclusive
wineries. Later we’ll end the day with a boat cruise on the Danube
and a brief stop at Melk Abbey for photos. On this spectacular day trip,
you’ll fall in love with Austria’s wines and the country’s stunning scenery.
Make this small-group tour the highlight of your travels!
100% Guarantee your tour will go ahead, no minimum numbers.
If you have any questions or special enquiries, please feel free to contact us.
Vienna Explorer Office / Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Vienna (Google Map)
- The town of Dürnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Wine tastings in traditional and local family-owned taverns
- River cruise on the Danube
- Comfortable and luxurious Mercedes van
- River Cruise on the Danube (May- October only)
- Transport in a 8-seater Mercedes van to and from the Wachau
- Full-day accompanied by expert driver/guide
- Wine tastings at wineries (minimum 2 tastings)
- Lunch and drinks at lunch
- Gratuities for your driver/guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off (we can organise for an extra fee of 30 €)
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Dress comfortably
- Warm clothing in case of cold weather, especially from Oct - April
Tours you might like as well
Terms and Conditions for Tours and Services: 20% administration fees of the full amount are non-refundable once the booking is confirmed. Cancellations up to 5 days before the service date will result in a 50% refund of total invoice amount. No show or cancellations less than 3 days before the service date will result in a full loss of the total invoice amount.
Terms and Conditions for Bike Rental and Rental Packages: Rentals of less than 4 days require full payment in advance. We require a 20% deposit to confirm rentals for more than 4 days. The 20% deposit for administration fees are non-refundable in case of cancellation. Cancellation up to 8 days before departure date results in 50% refund. No show or cancellation less than 8 days before departure date: no refund.