- 7 days
|1. March - 1. November 2018|
THE ULTIMATE 7-DAY DANUBE TRAIL PACKAGE: Vienna – Budapest
The Danube Bike Trial from Vienna to Budapest offer easy cycling along mostly flat and well-marked bike paths. It is a great choice for a more active and adventurous holiday or those on a budget. The Danube cycle path is the perfect place for cycling holidays.
The tour passes through many picturesque towns and villages and across lush farmland. There are many places to stop for a romantic picnic along the banks of the Danube River or an opportunity to indulge in local cuisine at one of many quaint inns. The bike paths are primarily paved and traffic-free, following an old horse trail once used to tow barges upstream. Along the majestic river, you will pass by historic castles, cozy villages and sprawling vineyards.
Start from Vienna and finish in Budapest
Vienna – Budapest 340 km(approx. 213 miles)
- Our standard package starts from Vienna
- Pick up your bike from our shop and return it 7 days later in Budapest
Our package includes not only 7 days bike rental but extra equipment and bike pick up from Budapest.
Take your time! If you would like to enjoy your ride for more than 7 days then you can add extra days for 15 € per day.
Drop Off Location Budapest: If you are ending your ride in Budapest, our drop off location is centrally located directly at St Stephens Basilica in Budapest (11 Sas Utca – underground carpark). You can drop the bikes off anytime between 8am and 7pm. If you book with one of our recommended hotels below, then you can leave your bikes there.
Vienna Explorer Office (Google Map)
- KTM 24 Speed Life Touring Bikes
- Ride along the Danube River
- Discover 3 Countries in 7 Days
- 7-Day Bike Rental
- 40 l waterproof Ortlieb Rear Panniers
- Bike lock
- Repair Kit, Pump & Tools
- Safety Vest
- Bike pick up from Budapest
- Luggage Transfer: Vienna -Budapest mus be pre-booked (extra charge of 50 euro per piece)
- Hotel delivery in Vienna
- Free instalation of your own saddle or pedals upon request
- You can purchase your Vienna Explorer sports water bottle, a holder for your mobile phone and the Danube Bike Line Book in our shop
Tours you might like as well
- Cancellation less than 1 month before tour date: only 20% administration fees
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before tour date: 50% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 1 week prior to tour date: 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution