- 8.5 hours
- bookable all year
Mauthausen concentration camp in Upper Austria was one of the largest labour camp complexes in the Third Reich. Between 1938 and 1945 about 200,000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned in Mauthausen. About half of them lost their lives. Today, Mauthausen Memorial stands as a reminder of the darkest days of Austria’s history.
Become acquainted with the history of Mauthausen Memorial during the 2,5-hour ride from Vienna. Listen to your guide explaining the historical context and learn about life at Mauthausen concentration camp before its liberation in May 1945. Upon arrival at the Memorial explore the preserved historic premises at your own pace with audio-guides (available in 11 major languages). See the Wiener-Graben quarry, the Stairs of Death, the SS-Quarters, the Camp Prison, the Gas Chamber and visit the newly re-opened Mauthausen Museum.
Heading back to Vienna stop at a local restaurant for lunch (own expense). Your tour concludes at the Vienna State Opera House.
Honor the victims by learning about this crucial period in history. We donate a percentage of the tour’s profit to the Memorial.
In front of Tourist information - Albertinaplatz 3 (Google Map)
- Visit the Mauthausen Memorial
- Comfortable transport by mini bus
- Honor the victims by learning about this crucial period in history
- Full-Day Guided Tour to Mauthausen Memorial
- Friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance and audio-guided tour
- Roundtrip transportation to and from Vienna
- Taxi transfer to tour departure point in the morning (max. EUR 12 per person)
- Food and Drinks
- Hotel pick up & drop-off
- This tour is oerated by our trusted partner
- Minimum numbers to operate: 2 PAX
You can cancel your tour up to 48 hours before tour start free of charge, receiving a full refund. No refunds will be provided for later cancellations and no-shows.