Discover the Beauty of the Danube and its surroundings with a stress free self guided bike adventure.
The Danube Valley tours offer easy cycling along mostly flat and well marked bike paths. It is a great choice for a more active and adventurous holiday or those on a budget.
The tour passes through many picturesque towns and villages and across lush farmland. There are many places to stop for a romantic picnic along the banks of the Danube River or an opportunity to indulge in local cuisine at one of many quaint inns. The bike paths are primarily paved and traffic-free, following an old horse trail once used to tow barges upstream. Along the majestic river, you will pass by historic castles, cozy villages and sprawling vineyards.
The Danube bike path winds its way along the river as well as crossing bridges, locks and dams. Additionally, there is an option to be transported up or down the river in local ferries that carry only a small number of cyclists. This is also an excellent tour for all types of people including families with children.
There are many options with accommodation along the entire trail from Passau to Budapest. From more luxury style hotels, camping to small in-expensive farmhouse stays.
Contact us for accommodation recommendations and tips.
- Bikes : High quality 21 speed touring bikes with lights and comfy seats.
- Equipment : Panniers, handlebar bags, repair kit, wet weather gear and first aid kit.
- Guide book : Danube bike trail guide book with detailed maps and info.
- Suggested itinerary : We will equip you with a itinerary to suit you with tips and reccomended places to visit along the way.
- Hotel pick up : We can pick you up from your hotel in Vienna to the train station (we will put you and your equipment on the train safely).
|7 days||€ 98||€ 89||€ 49|
|6 days||€ 98||€ 89||€ 49|
|5 days||€ 88||€ 82||€ 44|
|Panniers||€ 10 – for up to 7 days|
|Guide Book||€ 24 – includes postage|
|Bike delivery & Pick up Passau||1 to 3 Bikes € 155
3 to 5 bikes € 50 per bike
|Bike delivery & Pick up Budapest||1 to 2 bikes € 100
3 bikes and up € 35 per bike